If you are interested in learning about the ASL Coordinator position please read the Antioch Sports Legends Coordinator Scope of Duties and Responsibilities below. All interested applicants, please click on the bottom links and print out both the Program Coordinator application and page 2, fill the application out and mail to: Antioch Sports Legends, P.O. Box 1033 Antioch, CA 94509.
Antioch Sports Legends Coordinator Scope of Duties and Responsibilities
Part time position- up to 1,000 hours
Compensation: $17.50 to $20 per hr. depending on qualifications
- Plan, organize and over-see the overall operation of the Sports Legends Program year round.
- Work with committee chairpersons and museum volunteers to accomplish the Program’s objectives.
- Communicates with Executive committee on program timeline status and elevates issues as necessary to achieve appropriate resolution to significant problems.
- Work with Alumni and Friends of the Program (boosters, business and corporate entities) in our East County Community to promote the Antioch Sports Legends Program and increase museum awareness.
Scope of Work:
- Functions and operates under the direction of the Sports Legends Executive Sub-Committee.
- Prepare agendas, conduct and facilitate general meetings. Provides back-up to chairpersons of Executive, Research & Recognition, General and Special meetings as needed.
- In the absence of Executive Sub-Committee Chairperson, be present at the Sports Legends board meeting to present the program update report to the Sports Legends Board of Directors.
- Supervise and coordinate program publicity and PR as deemed necessary, including new membership recruitment. Handles major communications and correspondence with volunteers, former inductees, boosters and donors.
- Responsible for development of new program activities or bringing back activities of the past (Annual Sports Legends Picnic).
- Responsible for the development of new fundraising activities:
o Booster Support Programs
o Solicit advertising on the web page
o Potential new corporate and business sponsors
o Potential grant writing
- Responsible for laying out Gala Yearbook, marketing brochure and sponsors marketing brochure in a timely manner.
- Plan and finalize Gala Dinner Program Presentation with Masters of Ceremonies annually.
- Manages the Sports Legend web site and Social Media content to ensure accuracy. Facilitates web site enhancements and development with 3rd party developers.
- Responsible for the development of annual budget proposal to be reviewed and approved by executive sub-committee, to be presented annually to Museum’s Board Budget sub-committee for final Board approval.
- Responsible for managing paid office and volunteer admin clerical work assignments. Authorizes bank deposits, expense payment request and office supply purchases as needed.
- Responsible for facilitating docent schedule if a volunteer coordinator isn’t available. Notify Executive committee and Historical Society Docent when no Docent is available.
- Responsible for attending the Antioch Historical Society Board meeting possibly twice a year to give an annual report.