CRITERIA FOR CONSIDERATION FOR NOMINATION
INDIVIDUAL VARSITY ATHLETE
Individual Antioch Unified School District Varsity Athlete applicants must have graduated in 2000 or before and meet at least ONE of the following criteria in the nominated sport:
- Most Valuable Athlete/Senior Athlete of the Year
- First or Second Team All-League Selection. Athletes in sports without All-League Teams/Awards must finish 1st or 2nd in their individual event(s) at the League finals
- First or Second Team All-Area Selection. Athletes in sports without All-Area Teams/Awards must finish 1st or 2nd in their individual event finals at a North Coast Section qualifying or championship event
- Special consideration for athletes from 1911 to 1945 may be made in lieu of All-League or All-Area teams selections, but must be approved by the Research & Recognition Committee
- Qualify for & compete in a California State CIF Championship Event
- Recipient of an athletic scholarship to a 4-year college or university awarded to the applicant while a student at any high school within the Antioch Unified School District.
ALL-AROUND ATHLETE (MALE & FEMALE)
- 1st / 2nd team or All-League higher in two sports.
- Must participate in required number of sports in same year. - Male: 3 sports. - Female: 2 sports
Focus is on his/her local Antioch Unified School District high school documented record.
Optional: other school, college or pro.
- Must have coached a minimum of 5 years as a Head Coach in a single sport at VARSITY level at an Antioch Unified School District high school.
- Number of championships (League/North Coast/State), won/loss records (List)
Must have been at an Antioch Unified School District high school. Considerations include:
- Undisputed League/North Coast or state championship (Indicate year) - no co-champions
- Season record/league and over-all (List)
- State/National level of recognition (Championships/ranking/honorable mention)
- Top athletes and documentation of stats & honors
Focus is on accomplishments and contributions within the Antioch sports community.
- Community Leader may be selected individually or as a group.
- Community Leader shall be selected by the Research and Recognition Committee for special recognition at the Sports Legends Hall of Fame Induction Banquet.
DOCUMENTATION OF APPLICANT'S ACHIEVEMENTS
- Attach applicant's documented biography. Include all high school, and if applicable, college, amateur, and/or professional career information
- Attach a list of available memorabilia, photos, artifacts, and newspaper articles - WITH DATES